Saturday, December 28, 2013

Sour Cream Banana Coffee Cake

When I should start to slow down my baking, I'm still baking. My granddaughter loves banana bread and coffee cake, and asked me to create a recipe that combined my two best recipes, banana bread and sour cream coffee cake. When I had over ripened bananas and left over sour cream from Christmas, what do but to give it a try and combine the two.
It really turned out fabulous..






1/2 cup of butter softened
2 over ripened bananas
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tbs of vanilla
1/2 cup of sour cream
2 cups flour
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts

Combine until smooth, butter, bananas sour cream, eggs, vanilla. Add only 1 cup of the sugar, all the flour, baking soda, baking powder. Hold separate the cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar and walnuts.
Blend the ingredients. Pour half the mixture into a bunt pan, sprinkle 1/2 the mixture of sugar, cinnamon and walnuts. Add the remaining cake mixture. Sprinkle the remaining walnut sugar mixture over the top.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Test with tooth pick. It should come out of cake clean when done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment